Saturday, December 6, 2014

...but God told me they're "THE ONE"

Most people in the world desire to eventually be married to someone one day; and we want this "someone" to be the right and only one, right? For this reason, many of us pray and ask God for help in finding this mate.

I actually did this. But not only did I ask God for my mate, but I asked God to put the desires on my heart that He had for me in regards to a mate. I ultimately asked Him to bring me the mate that would help me in achieving His plan for my life. As I did this, God begin to work on my heart, form my desires, and actually mold me into "The One" for her. That's right, many of us are more concerned about finding "The One", instead of allowing God to construct us into "The One" first. This is one of the reasons why many of us don't have "The One".

One of the only reasons of how we construct this idea of "The One" is usually based on selfish motives, and a slothful mind towards getting better at something we have an absence in. Because if we truly took a look at this list of characteristics we have, listed on paper or written in our mind, we would see that many of the things on there are based around something that we lack. We ask God for a man/women with patience, because we lack it. We ask God for a man/woman with boldness for Christ, but we never share Christ with anyone. Shoot, some of us ask God for a "man/woman of God", but we aren't even saved "for real" ourselves. It's like we ask God for a person to be our crutch into being more like Christ, when we should be coming directly to Him to lead us in that.

SO, is there a "The One"?



Yeah, there's a "The One". But "The One" don't become "The One" until they're "The One". Meaning, the person that God has for you is the person that you marry lol. Which is why God doesn't want us to divorce. Many of us try to be so deep, but we're confusing and depressing ourselves in trying to figure out if there's this ONE specific person in the world that God has preordained for us. Even if there is, all we have to do is stay focused on Christ and it's impossible to "miss out on your blessing". First things first, get connected to Christ, continue to seek Him with all your heart, everything else will be added (Matthew 6:33).

And if there was only one person in the world for us, what would happen if we got with the "wrong one"? Wouldn't that change everything? Would the other person just never find a mate or something? Ok... I'll get back on subject.

...but God told me...

One of the most popular phrases that have been floating around my ears is the popular, "God told me". Not only have I been hearing this phrase regarding a mate, but I have been hearing this phrase about things that aren't even godly. Lol smh foolishness. Now, don't get me wrong, I TRULY believe that God can and do tell or lead us in things, but some of this stuff ain't God. It used to burn me up when I heard people say, "God told me this or that" because they would say it so casually and not take it seriously, like THE TRUE AND LIVING GOD didn't just tell you something. But now I see that people don't even take God seriously, so it's not such a shock to me anymore.

And it's crazy because, we say "God told us" all this stuff, but God don't tell us to live right... Or, we don't take that part seriously. We just take the "God told me" seriously when it benefits us.



Here are some of the ways of how God didn't tell you:

  • If God never speaks to you about ANYTHING, this probably isn't Him either. You're probably just another victim of "it just FEELS right".
  • If you're desperate, and you see somebody that's attractive. That's not God, it's probably just your flesh talking.
  • If you're not saved. "For real". If you haven't heard the voice of God to come to Christ, you definitely haven't heard the voice of God to go to a mate. That's probably the voice of the enemy lol. Lust.
  • If your "voice of God" lied last time, it's probably the voice of lies. Not God (Truth).
  • If it doesn't line up with the Word of God, they're not the words of God.
  • If there are only selfish ambitions attached to it, it's not Gods voice.
  • If you were PERSUADED by a friend, family member, or church member (pastor) that said "God told them", and you didn't seek God for yourself; that has a high possibility of it not being the voice of God. Could be the voice of manipulation. Or just the voice of them.


Honestly, some of us are being overly spiritual about things that are so minutiae and not as spiritual as we try to make them be. We stress ourselves out over things that God expect us to use the wisdom that He gave us on. We have to understand the balance of knowing how to operate in the spiritual, and how to operate in the natural. Let's be a human being for a second. We as the Christian community can't figure out how some of the satanists and atheists have marriages that last so long, but we can't even get married. You want to know how someone is "The One"? Be yourself around them, and see if they stay. Now some of yall real crazy, and you might not need to be quite yourself lol, but you know what I mean. But seriously, you have to be yourself. Most people try to be the image of someone of something else to impress someone they don't really need, then wonder why people are trying to change them. It's real simple. Be yourself. 
Be "The One" God created you to be.

In  Love,
Carlis Howze

9 comments:

  1. I loce this. So deep. So true. Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're speaking truth on that part about wanting "the one" for what you lack. It's good to find someone to complement you but not in areas like the fruit of the spirit where you need to be strong yourself in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the 'Here are some of the ways of how God didn't tell you' part, totally true. I have heard this so may times and i get shocked. this post is just so deep. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen. Be the person you want to find.. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I 💜💜💜💞💜💜💜 this article. Am thankful to God am praying for a spouse and I discovered God is changing me daily. Am still working on my campus life and how to start my career after school.God is teaching me on so many things that He is changing me in my old personally and bringing me into a new personality of pleasing HIM. God is leading me always to the right things that He wants me to learn just like He lead me to meet Carlis blog and YT channel Instagram page which I learn a lot from all these.When u seek God in truth u will find Him and He will guide you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually did this. But not only did I ask God for my mate, but I asked God to put the desires on my heart that He had for me in regards to a mate. wholesale shawls , wholesale pashmina , pashmina shawl wholesale , pashminas in bulk , wholesale scarves in bulk , wholesale scarf suppliers , chiffon scarves wholesale , wholesale prayer shawls , velvet shawls wholesale , velvet shawl I ultimately asked Him to bring me the mate that would help me in achieving His plan for my life. As I did this, God begin to work on my heart, form my desires, and actually mold me into "The One" for her. That's right, many of us are more concerned about finding "The One", instead of allowing God to construct us into "The One" first. This is one of the reasons why many of us don't have "The One".

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of the most popular phrases that have been floating around my ears is the popular, "God told me". Not only have I been hearing this phrase regarding a mate, but I have been hearing this phrase about things that aren't even godly. lawn cotton suits , pakistani lawn suits for sale , pakistani lawn suits online shopping , lawn suits online , pakistani lawn suits price , pakistani lawn dress , pakistani cotton suits , designer lawn suits online , pakistani lawn suits wholesale , lawn suits sale Lol smh foolishness. Now, don't get me wrong, I TRULY believe that God can and do tell or lead us in things, but some of this stuff ain't God. It used to burn me up when I heard people say, "God told me this or that" because they would say it so casually and not take it seriously, like THE TRUE AND LIVING GOD didn't just tell you something. But now I see that people don't even take God seriously, so it's not such a shock to me anymore.

    ReplyDelete