Wednesday, August 24, 2016

A Christian Mans Wondering Eyes


Before you read this, please read the entire article so you can have a better understanding of the point of it all.

It's a general consensus that men are visual creatures. Men have the tendency to base many things by the looks of them; especially when it comes to women. It doesn't have be in a sexual sense, but sometimes men judge their approach by the appearance. I know this may sound mean or rude, but it's honest. It doesn't go for all men, but many men do fall under this category.

Before I was a follower of Christ, I was all about hooking up with "fine" woman. I didn't care too much about her personality, I just wanted to be with someone I was physically attracted to. Of course, I didn't want a "crazy" woman, but looks was about 80% of what I wanted in a woman. It was my main focus.

What is "fine"?

I had different categories of attractiveness. I had cute, pretty, fine, bad, and beautiful. Cute was when I thought someone was pretty that was too young for me. That was my way of saying, "If she was older, I would date her". If I called a woman Pretty, I was mainly referring to her having a pretty face or smile. If I called a woman Fine, I often referred to her having a nice shape (some men focus on certain areas of the shape); but didn't really pay much attention to her face. Shallow, I know. Just being honest on how the thought process was. When a woman was Bad, I thought she had a really pretty face, and a nice shape as well. But when I thought a woman was Beautiful, she had the pretty face, nice shape, and was also mentally attractive. I really don't think I've ever called a woman beautiful until I got married#HusbandPoints

I explained that for you to understand how many men think. And just because a man gives his life to God, that stuff doesn't just turn off. Please understand that. We still notice when a woman is physically attractive. But, now we have a greater responsibility. We have to learn to discipline our eyes, guard our hearts, and allow our perspective to mature and be more like Christ.

Maturity.

When we are of the world, we often think and carry ourselves in a reckless manner. We could stare a woman's butt down, and maybe even whistle at her. We don't really care about anything, but one thing. Sex. When our minds are renewed and Christ comes in, we have to be more mindful of the perspective that we have for our sisters. We grow out of the mindset of viewing woman as sex toys, and begin to view them with purity as God's daughters.

It takes a real conversion in Christ to even have the desire to mature from our old mindsets. And even when we have that desire to mature, it is very challenging. The culture that we live in can make it very hard for a man to be single eyed. Culture teaches, "The better your body looks, the more you show it off." While God is trying to teach us, "the better your body looks, the more mindful you should be about what you wear." Modesty.

Should a man look at a woman's butt when she walk by?

Being a man that tries to discipline his eyes, sometimes it still catches you off guard. To be honest, I actually see women checking other women out just as much as the guys lol. I'm sure you all have your reasons (or excuses lol) of why you do that and how "it's different", but any who.... Sometimes what a woman wears can catch a man off guard. Let's think about it.... If you are somewhere minding your own business, and a woman with more shapes than a kindergarten math class walks by with a shirt cut so low that it shows everything from her chest to her navel, and shorts so short that her booty is hanging out of them, it would be kind of hard not to initially notice that. Even if it's nasty, you'll still notice it.

On the flip side, sometimes it may not catch some men off guard, they just aren't disciplined in that area...and don't care to be disciplined. I would question this persons heart to please God. Honestly, some men don't try to be disrespectful, they just have trouble disciplining their eyes. Not making excuses for them! It's just the truth. It may be stemmed from lust in some cases, and other cases it could just stem from years of foolishness.

What do we do about it?!

We discipline ourselves. I really don't think we can help the first glance. Sometimes the things that men and women wear in this sex driven culture just catches our attention. But as Christians, we all have a responsibility to practice not entertaining lusts. I understand that we don't always look upon a person and want to have sex with them. But it's about avoiding the appearance of evil, or even entertaining thoughts that could lead to lust also.

It's important that we leave those movies and music alone that entertains our lustful fleshThe more we negotiate with our flesh, the higher the price will be to kill it. Those music and movies may seem like something small, but they are weights. And they will easily beset us. So lay those things aside.

Men, let's do our part by continuing to discipline our eyes. If that means not going to the gym until you are stronger, so be it. Because the devil know he be in there to tempt you. Let's also be mindful of others, and lead in the area of modesty. We can't complain about women being immodest, when we trying to show our bird chests off.

Women, let's not allow society to define our "fashion" or beauty. Understand that your worth is not in the number of likes and positive comments on social media. Your worth is defined by the One whom created you. Christ.


God bless you all.




6 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing. I've never heard (or read) it explained this way. This message has softened my heart and has given me a better understanding of men (especially men in church) struggle with "wandering eyes." I have a little bit more compassion for men who do. I say this from a single woman's perspective that it would bother me when I would see it happen, especially if the men were married (and their wife was very pretty and right beside them when they did that). Sometimes I feel that a woman can dress as modest as the word means (covering up everything beautifully to please Jesus), and a guy will still look and try to holler. That can be very frustrating, especially in church because it may cause unwanted drama, tension, and animosity for just dressing to impress no one, but Jesus. Sorry, I just had to vent a little. Lol! Anyhow, great article. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just trying to figure out the point...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow true especially that part I should not care about the many likes but about pleasing God.Thank you Carlis

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was all about hooking up with "fine" woman. I didn't care too much about her personality, I just wanted to be with someone I was physically attracted to. Of course, I didn't want a "crazy" woman, but looks was about 80% of what I wanted in a woman. It was my main focus. pakistani designer suits , pakistani designer lawn , lawn dresses stitching designs , buy lawn suits online , pakistani lawn brands , lawn dress design , suiting brands in pakistan , lawn fabric online

    ReplyDelete